Which Browser Should You Use?
Perhaps the first question is "why would we care what browser you use?"
As part of our work as IT service provider at AXSOS AG, we consider ourselves security experts, and to put it bluntly, out-dated browsers are a security problem waiting to happen.
But we also put our best into everything we do, including this web-site, so we would be devastated if you viewed our site in an old, standards non-compliant browser and thought that it looks broken because we've neglected it. Sorry to be blunt again but the problem lies at your end. Not to mention the fact that you are getting a poorer experience everywhere you go on the Web.
So please do us a favour, not to mention yourself, and upgrade to a modern browser release.
Here are a few tips:
- We recommend Mozilla's Firefox browser and are delighted to see that, in general, their users are keeping well up-to-date and thereby safer.
- Equally good is Google's Chrome browser. However, if you are concerned about the data they collect about you then try Iron; it's the same browser but more private.
- We can also recommend Internet Explorer as long as it is the current version and, for Mac users, Safari, again as long as it is up-to-date.
- For those that want to be on the cutting-edge of technology you can try Opera, Opera Beta, Firefox Developer Edition, Chrome Canary or Vivaldi, not to mention the many releases for mobile devices!
- However, if you are restricted concerning what you can install on your computer then perhaps you could give Portable Apps a try, which offers Firefox, Chrome, Iron, Maxthon and indeed many others too.
In short, you really are spoilt for choice, so choose one and get surfing, but with more style!